Slide 10

Gainesville, FL 2007 Parkour Meetup

Slide 11

Auburn, AL Training

Slide 12

Atlanta, GA 2007 Parkour Meetup - "Jam of the Century"

Slide 13

Athens, GA Training

Overflux >> Forums >> Southeast USA Forums >> Parkour Meetups [AL, FL, GA, TN, NC, SC, MS]
> <
Decatur Training Discussion Thread
Go to page       >>  
Author Post
Louis Hermann
May 04 09, 09:00AM
Marietta, GA
Go ahead and post your thoughts/feelings on training yesterday.

I am extremely happy to have made it to this practice. It's like passing another milestone for me.

The last time I was in Decatur, all I could really do was walk around and watch Akil and Max as they astounded me, but this time was different. I pushed my mind to practice techniques that, until now, I was to afraid to try.

The running leap across the gap at the parking garage, rail to rail precisions, all sorts of varied jumps and stops on 'The Gigantic Magnolia' among others. I had such a great time there, and can't wait to do it again.

What are some of your (guys'/girls') opinions?
jphansen
May 04 09, 09:14AM
Athens/Statham, GA
Yea buddy, it was a great time! You looked like you had been training there for years. I really liked the positive group attitude.

Already I have new ideas on how to expand and improve circuits. I look forward to next time.
Louis Hermann
May 04 09, 09:20AM
Marietta, GA
No, that was my third time being there. The best part was over dinner, traceu(rs/euses) have the most insane discussions while eating...lol.
Krys
May 04 09, 09:44AM
Loganville, GA
hooray for good training, rain downpour waiting until after we finished training, good food, and nerdy conversations!

can't wait to see the pics that the random photographer took.

i heart awesome magnolia tree!!! :)

can't wait for our next decatur training session!
BNP
May 04 09, 11:44AM
Atlanta
Yeah that session was so great. Whoever didnt go really missed out on something that they will never get the opportunity to go to again. :P
Brian A. Prince
May 04 09, 11:57AM
Alpharetta GA
That was def. the best session that I've had in the last month or so.

BP: LEVEL UP!
Chris O'Neill
May 04 09, 02:14PM
Carrollton, GA
thanks for making me feel bad max
Amir
May 04 09, 04:10PM
Gainesville, FL
wow! sounds like you guys had fun!... awesome.
Louis Hermann
May 05 09, 07:51AM
Marietta, GA
Okie dokie, well I talked to that guy who took all those pictures and he's working on getting everything formatted and processed so we can have them.

"That would be helpful. I don't have any immediate non-editorial uses in mind (other than "look at these cool, athletic people in Atlanta") but who knows where they could go in ten years. Maybe names and email addresses in case some photo shoot comes up and I would ask some of the participants to model for a project. That way, I can also keep people posted on the edited versions being posted."

That's what he wrote to me...so I don't know how you feel about letting him use those pictures for whatever. but I personally don't mind, after all, he was nice enough to take them.

If you want I can give his email: -email-

or I can get a list of the 7 traceurs who don't mind their pictures being used.
Krys
May 05 09, 09:45AM
Loganville, GA
i suppose i don't mind either. although it'd be nice to actually see the pics first and then deciding whether or not to give permission to put them out in public :P
if you need email addies to give him: -email-
jphansen
May 05 09, 12:34PM
Athens/Statham, GA
Thanks Lou for taking care of that--I don't mind either what he does with them. Got the Raging Burrito pic?
Krys
May 05 09, 12:42PM
Loganville, GA
FACEBOOK!!! get one :P
jphansen
May 05 09, 12:50PM
Athens/Statham, GA
Nooooo I resist. Email it to -email-?
Krys
May 05 09, 12:54PM
Loganville, GA
sent :P
Louis Hermann
May 05 09, 01:26PM
Marietta, GA
Facebook can be extraordinarily useful...
jphansen
May 05 09, 01:46PM
Athens/Statham, GA
Anybody have a goal for next time? I'd really like to make that standing precision on the Magnolia branches. Also QM up the wall of the parking deck (where we cat traversed) then at the top (if comfortable) would be fun.
Krys
May 05 09, 02:05PM
Loganville, GA
the running leap in the parking garage where we were at the end of our training.... so close yet so far!!! XP

i'll also be running up the huge wall that brian got after his 3rd try...... okay, maybe i'll save that one for my next life when i'll hopefully be taller :P

[ Edited May 05 09, 02:07PM ]
Elizabeth J.
May 05 09, 04:17PM
Altanta, Ga
Hm... personally, I'd like to just get better all around since this has really been my first week of doing much of anything parkour related.

But if I were to choose something specific, I would say that I want to make the (small) standing precision on the Magnolia
jphansen
May 06 09, 11:04AM
Athens/Statham, GA
Rayne, I think you can do it next time! Your balance and especially quietness are already very good.

Krys, we could always toss you up there. :)
Louis Hermann
May 06 09, 12:28PM
Marietta, GA
Decatur Training Pictures, First Edits: Here
Krys
May 06 09, 01:17PM
Loganville, GA
jphansen wrote ...

Krys, we could always toss you up there. :)

I'll remember to bring my human catapult next time :)

the pic of jimmy jumping onto the rail is really awesome!

[ Edited May 06 09, 01:19PM ]
Louis Hermann
May 06 09, 01:23PM
Marietta, GA
He looks like Belle kinda...lol
jphansen
May 06 09, 01:31PM
Athens/Statham, GA
I think Max and I can each hold one of your feet and toss you pretty high if we get it in sync.

Thanks for the pics, Lou, they look great.

Krys
May 06 09, 01:33PM
Loganville, GA
well then i guess we'll just have to try that next time, see how far i go! hahaha
Louis Hermann
May 06 09, 02:14PM
Marietta, GA
There should be a bit more on the way.

------------------------

Maybe I'm just retarded, but minus the tattoos they look a lot alike here:
Jimmy
Belle

[ Edited May 07 09, 07:35AM ]
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

What's Parkour?

There's a good overview of parkour on this website, here. For more information, look through other articles on the site or just ask!

Articles

Over the years, overflux members have contributed a number of articles on health, training, gear, and other tips. Be sure to click the articles link at top.

Getting Started

You might have seen parkour in a video or two, but are wondering, how do I get into this?! That's exactly why this website was created - to link traceurs from all over the southeast.